1. Hometown - Hayward
2. Guilty Pleasure - Pizza & Beer
3. My First Concert - Earth, Wind & Fire at the Oakland Coliseum
4. My Hero - My mom!
5. Favorite TV Show & Movie - TV: Brady Bunch re-runs and George Lopez. Movies: Old - Ten Commandments, Funny Girl. Newer: Gladiator, Glory, Titanic.
6. Don't Tell Anyone Else But... I was HORRIBLE when I first started on the radio. Who in the heck let me on the air? In fact, you're probably thinking "She's Still Horrible!"
7. Same Sex Crush - Angelina Jolie
8. My Idea of a Perfect Date - In sweats by 7pm and rent a movie with pizza!
9. My Last Meal on Earth Would Be - Tamales, benas, rice, and homemade tortillas. Throw a margarita in!
With my dear girlfriend, Beth Bacall, she's a D.J. too, in New Jersey. Can you tell as we smile in front of Radio City Music Hall? Raising kids and running a household always has us on the lookout for useful tips. She helps me stay on top of it!
Before giving toys to you child, read the label and make sure the toy is certified by the CPSC. You can stay up to date with recalls at: www.cpsc.gov
DR MIKE'S DIET
* Oprah's talking about this one! Dr. Mike encourages lots of salmon, nuts, and red wine. www.oprah.com.
* Back to school is here. Check out this website for lunch time, http://nutrition.about.com/od/schoollunches/qt/lunchbox.htm and for best thermos check out this website www.kaboodle.com/reviews/best.-thermos.-ever.
* It can be a pain to refinance, however it can change a 30 year loan into a 15 year loan. At www.bankrate.com it has a mortgage calucualtor to help out. Another website is www.wife.org (Women's Institute for Financial Education) to help women with finances issues.
* For free shipping codes and other discounts check out www.freeshipping.com
* Looking through the lost-and-found will be easier this year. Label the kids stuff with labels from Mabel. They are dishwasher, microwave, and laundry safe. www.mabel.com
* The U.S. Consumer Products and Safety Commission reported more than 7,000 kids were injured in 2006 because of overloaded backpacks. The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons suggests limiting backpack weight to 15-20% of the child's weight. This will help prevent back strain.
Here is Good Housekeeping's Top 5 list of best backpacks:
Borialis by North Face
Cordura StudyHaul by Lands' End
Riff by Kelty
Recon by North Face
The original Book Pack by L.L. Bean
*Apple offers discounts on laptops, software, iPods for the following: College students enrolled fulltime. K-college faculty, administrators, and staff members. 800-MY-APPLE or visit Http://www.apple.com/education/store
*Before shopping online, check out Http://dynamicshops.com; most stores are listed
and offer cash back.
Here's the most popular resusable bottle. Stay green and hydrated
with the Klean Kanteen. Available in thermal models to keep drinks
warm or cold. Http://kleankanteen.com
Jessica Simpson is back to her pre-baby body weight. Check out the pic she posted over the weekend at her Weight Watcher's shoot!
This is so sweet, we only wish Princess Diana were here to see it.
The Royal baby is officially on Christ's radar. He's thinkin' about u, Royal Baby: http://t.co/suLSP8VidE— Gawker (@Gawker) October 23, 2013